Monday, March 7, 2011

This Week's Theme.....Star Wars!

That's right, folks - Star Wars -- and you say to yourself, "Self, what in the world does Star Wars have to do with knitting?" And I say in return, "Exactly! I have no idea what it has to do with knitting, but a lot of people seem to have made the connection!"  So, without further ado, let us begin with my mother's favorite character, Yoda.....



Let me just begin by saying that THIS is cute.  Absolutely adorable and I have no problem with it.  Just wanted to provide a touchstone here for you to compare to. (Although that expression is a little unnerving... just sayin....)  Oh, and check out the knitted light saber!  Fabulous!


And THIS is NOT CUTE - in fact it's creeping me out.  What's up with the eyeballs!?  Really?  You couldn't have been happy with just the big Yoda ears?  Those eyes are just all sorts of wrong.  It's Yoda on speed.


 Now, this is a sad case of Yoda coming down with Jar-Jar Binks-itis.  The floppy ears are the first sign and it just gets worse from there......you don't want to know - trust me.



And if you're going to go through the trouble of knitting a Yoda ears hat, at least make sure you know who/what Yoda IS and what color the hat should be.  This looks more like a Leprechaun hat.....do Leprechauns have pointy ears?  Aren't they sort of like fairies?  Oh, hell........ I dunno!


Dude - no -- just ......no.  Really.  Seriously.  First of all, again, it's Yoda with Jar-Jar Binks-itis, only this time the first symptom is the elongation of the ears... next is the flopping, I guarantee.  (I told you it wasn't pretty!)  But also, just for the record, Yoda does not wear glasses - he's a damn Jedi!  He has perfect vision!  Oh, and one more thing - I think if Yoda were to have a beer, it would not be Guinness - I'm thinking he's more a Heineken guy.





Not sure if this is Yoda or E.T. -- 




And THIS is definitely NOT Yoda - I don't care what they say - it's NOT Yoda...not even close.  It's more like a troll poking his face and feet out of a hollow log.  Those eyebrows are great, though, aren't they?  I mean, Andy Rooney would be jealous, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment